The ending to Root Beer week is a delicious one! If you love homemade caramels you will love this recipe as it tastes like a Root Beer Float!
This was my first time making caramels and I was scared but I read up on how to make homemade caramels a success and I will share them with you below!
Before you begin:
Have a durable candy thermometer, Wooden spoon to do the stirring and large saucepan.
Keep stirring throughout the process so you don’t scorch the candy.
Do not knock sugar from the sides of the pan into the mixture or it will crystallize.
Line a 9X9 pan with parchment paper for the candy to set. Once it’s set, you can remove it from the pan by lifting the paper.
SOFT ROOT BEER CARAMEL CANDY RECIPE
|Prep time||5 minutes|
|Cook time||15 minutes|
|Total time||20 minutes|
- 1 cup Brown Sugar ((packed))
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup Butter ((unsalted at room temp))
- 1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk ((14 ounce can))
- 1 1/4 cup Light Corn Syrup
- 2 tablespoons Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1.5 teaspoons Vanilla
- 1.5 teaspoons Root Beer Extract