Who wants a little glimpse of the past 5 days of my life? Well you are looking at it right there. I have been fighting an awful cold. AWFUL! I don’t get sick too often but when I do, it seems to hit me hard. I am hoping I am at the end stages of it, mucus drainage and all (gross I know). I wanted to blog but honestly have no strength to come up with a creative post so I am just going to share my necessities for surviving sickness.
So what is in my cold survival kit?
- 4 kinds of tissues, Brian was kind enough to go in the middle of the night to get me softer tissues since the basic kind was hurting my nose. Did you know Kleenex made a Cool Touch tissue? It is designed to give your nose a cool feeling when you use it. Unfortunately the cool feeling goes away in 2 seconds but it’s still pretty cool. He also got my lotion Kleenex and the Anti Viral Kleenex. That one is probably my favorite since I hate germs lingering around, I just want them gone! Now, if Kleenex could combine all of their tissues for one SUPER TISSUE, that would be awesome.
- Vitamins and more vitamins, I took my Ester C along with Airborne everyday and Xigo. I hadn’t had Xigo before but it seems to be similar to the Airbrone, you just chew it instead (which I was not a fan of). I also took my multivitamins too just to cover all my bases.
- Nyquil, it’s my best friend when I am sick. I am pretty much a baby when it comes to being sick so I prefer to just knock myself out and hibernate during the cold. I had been taking the pills everyday than switched to the cough stuff last night since I couldn’t seem to sleep without coughing.
- Sanitizer and chapstick, those go without saying as necessities of the cold kit.
- Chocolate chips, ha don’t laugh. I couldn’t keep anything in without getting sick but was craving chocolate and felt bad Brian had already gone to the store so many times so I found the only chocolate in my house. I did send him out for doughnuts once though. Hey, my belief is that calories don’t count when you are sick. 🙂
- Kindle Fire, it mainly just kept me company by playing Netflix in the background while I closed my eyes to try and sleep.
So what do you prefer when you are sick?