Something fun for kids to do when they have to be indoors, maybe when weather isn’t favorable outside or when kids are just bored is indoor camping. Clever Guy loves to do this! You can usually do this with things you already have like a tent and Christmas lights. The white lights resemble starlight right outside of the tent.
Some tips for indoor camping with kids:
- Allow them to set up the tent and sleeping bag. This is a great way for them to be independent and help out when you go camping out in the wild!
- For the ground, use a foam pad from the store or a camping pad. If you have a kindergarten pad, that would work too!
- This is a great way for kids to stay focused during sleep overs and hey, they may even stay in the tent all night!
- Set up a small projector or portable dvd player inside the tent.
- Make some non perishable snacks for kids to take inside and enjoy while watching a movie!
Amazon Shopping List:
- There are 2 person tents for under $25 on Amazon like this one http://amzn.to/1SR2gFD
- This is an easy pop up one that doesn’t have poles that is perfect for kids: http://amzn.to/1X9rFe
Faux Fire: One of the fun things about camping is the fire. There are some cute little fake fires on Amazon!
Smart Phone Projector: We have this one and it’s around $20 and it works! http://amzn.to/1PYvAVv
Tips for the projector:
- Be sure to watch the video on how to set this up.
- Need it to be more secure? Just a little bit of duct tape can help with that!
- Place a white foam board in the tent if it doesn’t display on the tent well.
White LED Lights: Stock up on these after Christmas or grab some off of Amazon for less than $10 http://amzn.to/1L4aqnA!
Have your kids done indoor camping? What are there favorite things to do?