Time: 10 minutes of prep, 2 hours of cooking in slow cooker
2.5 cups of almonds (unsalted, whole)
1 egg white
1.5 teaspoons of homemade vanilla
1/2 cup of brown sugar (packed)
1/4 cup of granulated sugar
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon of salt
butter or spray for the slow cooker
- Heat up your slow cooker, spray an cooking spray or take a tablespoon of butter and let it melt in there and then cover the inside of the pot liberally to avoid sticking or burning.
- Start with the egg white, whip until frothy.
- Add vanilla. You don’t have homemade vanilla? Regular is fine just add another 1/2 teaspoon to have that vanilla flavor but you can make your own to use in the future:Â http://cleverpinkpirate.com/2011/04/22/frugal-foodie-homemade-vanilla-extract/
- Pour over almonds and mix until all of the almonds have a wet texture.
- Mix together in another bowl, the brown and granulated sugar along with the cinnamon salt.
- Pour over the egged almonds, cover well with the mixture making sure the brown sugar has dissolved.
- Cook on high for about 1 hours then on low for 1 hour, making sure to stir about ever 15Â minutes to avoid scorching.
- Store in an air tight container, throw some sprinkles of granulated sugar on for a sweeter taste!