Have you had fried potato strings? Also known as shoestring potatoes or fried potato spirals! These are easy to make and perfect for game time! All you need is a viral vegetable peeler, oil and seasoning. The trick is heating them up just enough to crisp them but don’t burn them. My favorite seasoning for these is a creole seasoning.
I recently purchased a Spiral Vegetable Peeler that spirals the vegetables and this tool makes appetizers and side dishes in minutes!
What you’ll need:
- Spiral Vegetable Peeler
- Vegetable Oil
Creole seasoning or salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a frying pan
- Wash potatoes
- Place the potatoes on the vegetable peeler, continue to peel until there is only a core
- Place the potato spirals on a dry paper towel to absorb the moisture
- When the oil is heated, place the spirals in the hot pain, in batches
- Cook each batch for about 2.5 – 3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and crispy
- Remove from oil and place in a bowl or on a plate
- Season as desired
Sauce is simply sriacha, mustard and katchup. This recipe can be made in about 10 minutes from start to finish!
Football bowls are from the dollar store!