If you have been to Ikea, you have probably seen the white rug for less than $3.00. I picked one of these up recently and knew I wanted to do an Ikea Hack and turn it into a Skeleton Rug for Halloween. The cool thing about this rug is that the Clever Guy can have it in his room after Halloween!
Of course, I used my handy dandy Cricut Explore. I really am pretty obsessed with it, especially for my holiday creations. Since I started doing the screen printing with the freezer paper, my life is changed! The screen printing process with the Cricut Explore is pretty easy. All I have to do is load the mat with a piece of freezer paper, cut out the stencil I want then I use that to paint on fabric.
Ikea Hack: DIY Screen Print Skeleton Rug
What you’ll need:
- White Rug (I bought this one from Ikea for a few bucks)
- Black acrylic paint
- Foam brush
- Freezer paper
- Cut this skull out on Freezer Paper with the Cricut.
- Iron the cut waxy side down on the middle of the rug.
- Once secure, take the brush with black paint and dab on the open space of the inside of the cut. You’ll want to put at least two coats on and push the brush around in the fabric.
- Allow to dry. Coat with Thompsons Fabric Seal or other fabric sealant to keep the paint from running.