Chokers are definitely one of the hottest jewelry trends. The nice thing is, you can make your own choker necklaces pretty easily! If you need the perfect accessory for Halloween, you can make these Halloween Chokers for a costume or to just wear for fun!
DIY Halloween Chokers
- Ribbon – I’d recommend at least 1/2 inch thick
- Jewelry jump rings (5), chain (1/4 inches), and clasp
- Small hole punch
- Halloween charms (I bought these on sale from OrientalTrading.com)
- Cut your ribbon for the choker at least 2 inches shorter than the diameter of the neck of the person wearing it.
- Punch a hole on each side of the ends of the ribbons.
- If your ribbon is weak, bend it over at the end and hot glue it then punch a hole through that part.
- Place a jump ring on each side of the chain.
- Place one side of the jump right with the chain on the side of the ribbon.
- Place one jump ring on the other wide along with the jewelry clasp.
- PUnch a hole in the middle of the ribbon and place two jump rings inside.
- Clasp the Halloween charm on the outer ring.