I was at Walmart last week and I saw this Chevron Duck Tape for under $4 and knew I had to have it. But what would I do with it? I thought of all kinds of things I could tape then came up with this cute frame/dry erase board idea. I used a 5X7 frame from the dollar store, it’s the perfect size. It can go on a desk to keep notes or on a kids dresser to leave them love notes. This would be perfect for a Teacher’s desk!! You can use any Duck Tape, the possibilities are endless!
Project: DIY Dry Erase Board
- Frame (dollar store or thrift store find)
- Duck Tape
- X-Acto Knife
- Patterned paper or blank paper for the inside
- Take the tape on one end and attach it to the top of the back, then head down in a nice smooth and straight fashion.
- Start at the next empty space on the top and line it up to have the pattern match (in this case the chevron lines).
- Repeat on top and bottom until it’s finished, trying to keep as much tape on the back.
- When it comes to rounding the edges, I took a small strip and taped it over the gatherings to smooth it out. You can also take an X-ACTO knife and cut the edges.
- Put in a piece of 5×7 paper for the inside, I went with just plain white paper to keep the colors standing out.
Linking up to the following fabulous blogs, check them out for oh so many ideas!!
Today’s Creative Blog http://todayscreativeblog.net/make-something-creative/#more-10792
A to Z Home Stories: http://www.homestoriesatoz.com/2012/05/tutorials-tips-link-party-61.html
Polly Want a Crafter: http://www.pollywantacrafter.com/
Not Just a HouseWife: http://www.notjustahousewife.net/