I love those chalkboard labels you can buy to put on things such as your kitchen canisters or organization boxes. Unfortunately, I could never find cheap ones so I decided I was just going to make them! I was actually surprised these turned out because when I get wild hairs to make things myself, half of the time they are a flop. These were extremely easy to make!
DIY Chalkboard Labels
Time: 20 minutes to paint, 24 hours to cure
- Chalkboard Paint (I used Americana brand, Hobby Lobby has the 4 ounces for only $3.49, of course I used a coupon too)
- Labels (As you can see, I used name labels but you can use any type of adhesive print on labels)
- Foam brushes
- Take labels and paint on one coat, allow to dry (about 3 minutes) than add another coat, repeat until the label is thick and looks like a chalkboard.
- Allow to dry (the paint says 24 hours, I think I let these set for about 3 hours before I cured them)
- Cure the labels by taking the sides of the chalk and rubbing it on until it has a coating, then wipe clean.
- Adhere to your item and write on them, done!
If you don’t want crappy chalkboard paint hands like me, wear latex gloves as this paint is a pain to get off pretty nails.
I’m linked up at Today’s Creative Blog, Get Your Craft On