On our recent trip to Disney World, we utilized the Disney World Memory Maker. The question that went through my mind as I am sure it does in everyone’s mind is; “Is it worth it?”. When you first look at the price of this it may be a little bit of a sticker shock to you but I am going to share with you why it’s worth it. In fact, I have hundreds of reasons why it’s worth it and that is because I ended up with that many photos in my account! It was so nice not having to worry about taking that perfect photo when the photographers did it for me. It made my vacation that much better!
Reasons to purchase Memory Maker:
- Who wants to lug their big camera around? Let a professional take the photos! Plus asking for the 100th time if someone can take your photo can be a drag.
- You’ll not only end up with photos of you and your family, they put special stock images to match your photos. We ended up getting several of the Flower and Garden festival from Epcot!
- You can link up experiences like Jedi Training
- The Memory Maker works for both photographers and rides! You can download every ride photo!
- The magic additions are amazing and included as part of the Memory Maker!
- Did you know some rides have video too? We have video from Mine Train and Hollywood Tower of Terror!
- I ended up with over 350 photos in my memory maker. If we do the math with the early purchase price, that’s only about 5 cents a photo. WELL worth it especially since you receive a variety of photos.
- You can edit the photos inside Memory Maker to include fun frames.
- Have that photo where that person just happened to get in the background? Check out this before and after with the fun stickers available!
Now you see her…..
Now you don’t!
Disney World Memory Maker Tips
- Buy before you go so you can save $30!
- Look for the photographers, sometimes you may walk by and miss them! In the app you can actually pull a list as to where all the opportunities are.
- Ask for magic photos, sometimes they don’t always take them or add the magic in.
- If all your photos do not show up, simply call the help line and give them your magic band number and they can help.
In my opinion this investment is well worth it if you will be going to multiple parks on multiple days so that you can maximize the value. Only going for a day or two? Consider taking advantage of purchasing photos through a Photo Pass.
Have you taken advantage of the Memory Maker? What is your favorite feature?
Want some more reasons? Check out this post by MomEndeavors!
Disclosure: This post is linked to our Disney Social Media Moms conference trip. We did receive some complimentary & discounted items on our trip though the cost of the conference and travel were paid in full by me. The Memory Maker was part of the conference package.