I was chosen with a group of 5 other bloggers to host a challenge called the “Can You Top This Challenge”. We were asked to get creative and show off a project that we come up with on our own using an Elmer’s Tri Fold Display Board and a few other Elmer’s products. Here is what I purchased at Walmart for my project:
When I tried to think of what I would do my mind automatically went to Christmas. Then I thought about all those Christmas Cards we get and how I really do not have a place to display them. This is what I came up with:
Christmas Card Memory Board
Total time including dry time: 3.5-5 hours
(total time will depend on type of ribbon used)
Tools and Supplies:
(1) 35.5 inches X 46 inch Elmer’s Tri Fold Board
Elmer’s Spray Adhesive
Elmer’s Glue Spots
Elmer’s Glue Pen
Elmer’s Tape Runner
Approximately 35 Feet of Ribbon
Gift Wrap Bows Garland Staple Gun
*This project should be done outdoors*
- Spray the adhesive all over “white side” of board from top to bottom.
- Take desired glitter and pour over adhesive. Be sure to move it around to get the most of your glitter.
- Let dry at least 2 hours.
- Cut ribbon by measuring from corner to corner.
- Staple or use Elmer’s Glue Spots to the ribbon behind the front of the board starting at one corner and going diagonally across the board to the opposite corner.
- Staple the other end of the ribbon to the opposite corner of the board.
- Once the 2 largest ribbons are done making a large X across the board, measure approx 4 – 5 inches away from where the first ribbon is on the top of the board and tack your next ribbon behind the top of the board, leading it down diagonally.
- Repeat on opposite side.
- Continue to do ribbons from top to the sides diagonally, and work your way down the sides.
- You should see “boxes” formed from the ribbon across the board.
- Once the ribbons are tacked on, lay the board flat.
- Start using the glue pen at where the ribbons connect. Dab the glue in between all the connections until all are glued together.
- Allow to dry (approx 2 hours).
- If the glue pen is not working on your ribbon, use the glue spots.
- Tack the ribbon now to the board by using the glue spots where the ribbons connect.
- Place gift bows on the connections where the ribbons make an “X”.
- Stand the board up and place Christmas Cards in between the “boxes”.
- Place a decorative garland on the top.
*to hold the cards closed, I used the Elmer’s Tape runner and glued the inside shut.
I can’t wait to fill this board up with cards from loved ones!
Now on to even more exciting stuff! Elmer’s & Collective Bias are giving me FIVE $100 Walmart gift cards to give away to FIVE readers who make their own #CanYouTopThis craft and try to top what I made! Here’s what you need to do:
1. You MUST purchase an Elmer’s tri-fold display board and use it in some way for your craft. . These boards cost less than $4 at Walmart. If you want to cut up your board and use it in a different format you may.
2. You MUST post your project and “recipe”/instructions on your blog (if you have one) or on Facebook as a public note so that we can see it. If you are not sure how to do this, please ask me.
3. You can enter by leaving a comment here with a link to your blog post showing photos of your craft with a recipe & instructions, or a link to your public Facebook note with photos, your “How To” recipe & instructions.
4. ALL blog posts and/or Facebook public notes MUST have the hashtag #CanYouTopThis to be eligible.
5. Entries must be received by December 1, 2010 at midnight. I will select FIVE winners based on uniqueness of project on December 2nd. Winner MUST provide me with contact information by on December 2nd to receive prize.
Extra Extra: This is not mandatory but you could win a prize pack by scanning your items and uploading to StickyBits via Droid or Iphone App (check your app market, it’s free)
How it works:
- Bar codes are scanned and content is attached to the bar codes.
- For example, if you scan a glue stick bar code, project ideas for uses of the glue stick would come up.
- Collective Bias and Elmer’s will be randomly awarding prize packs to 24 participants who share content via StickyBits.
Increase your odds! Once you make your project, make sure you enter your project on these bloggers’ sites as well:
The goal of this is to show of what you can do with a Tri Fold Board. Please do not feel intimidated by this project, have fun with it! Even if you don’t feel you can top mine, go ahead and just show us your talent!
Feel free to email me with any questions regarding this project/giveaway at supersavingsense at hotmail.com
*This #CanYouTopThis project was sponsored by Collective Bias. All opinions, photos and project ideas are my own.