I remember the first time I went into a Hard Rock Cafe. It was awesome. It was memorable! I was amazed at all of the iconic decor and memorabilia. It was so awesome, I loved all the music themed history everywhere. I grew up listening to a lot of these bands so getting to see what they had in real life was pretty awesome. Heck, I remember at the original Hard Rock in Phoenix, there was even a car in the middle of the restaurant! Now, it had been a few years since I have been to a Hard Rock Cafe but we went recently to celebrate Brian’s new job. In downtown Phoenix, it was a perfect spot for us to meet up as we had both been in Tempe and it was a great location to meet on the way home.
I’ll be honest, after a long day and it being 112 degrees outside I just wanted to go home but found the atmosphere (and of course, air conditioning) to be quite refreshing for a pick me up. I love that they play music videos from now and the past. I ordered a smoothie which hit the spot and we were in time for happy hour so we enjoyed half off appetizers. The wings and potato skins were great! Brian had ordered a beer (we were celebrating after all) and I was surprised to find my total at $20. That’s a steal for a celebratory meal for 2! I wish I had spared room for dessert as they looked amazing but unfortunately, I was stuffed!
They had some other amazing food there too:
- Cajun Shrimp & Poached Pear Salad – Spring mix greens tossed with goat cheese crumbles, chopped seasoned bacon and a sweet Dijon pear dressing. Topped with poached pear segments, spicy pecans and grilled sweet Cajun shrimp.
- Goat Cheese Chicken Salad Sandwich – Poached chicken with celery and green onions, in a light citrus mayo dressing with Dijon mustard and dill. Served on a toasted hoagie roll topped with spring mix, dried cranberries and goat cheese crumbles.
- Shock Top Battered Fish & Chips –Fish battered with a Belgian-style wheat beer with citrus and coriander flavors then served with fries, a citrus spiked tartar sauce and homemade coleslaw.
I will definitely make it a point to try and get back to Hard Rock, at least when guests are in town because it is a must see!
So not only do we get to celebrate but I am sharing the celebration with you! I am giving away $50 Hard Rock Cafe card. Yay!
Keep up with Hard Rock Cafe:
- Hard Rock on the web http://bit.ly/HardRockweb
- Hard Rock on Facebook http://on.fb.me/HardRockFB
- Hard Rock on Twitter http://bit.ly/HardRockTwitter
The promotional cards and information have been provided courtesy of Hard Rock International through MyBlogSpark. All opinions are my own.